Show/Hide Navigation

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why newborn photos?

Our daughter is in grade one and today for a project she had to take a picture of her a baby. As I waded through the pictures, looking at the possibilities I came across the token proud new mom and dad shots, the baby in the tub shots, the baby bundled in blankets leaning in the corner of the couch shots....I think you all know what I am talking about :)
What I found myself longing to see were her little fingers, the way she fit in one of her daddy's arms, the details of her face and the newborn smiles. What I desperately wanted to see were pictures of her and I together. These are the photographs I don't have and the ones that I am determined to create when I photograph newborns.

Thank you to this new little family for welcoming me into their midst, and sharing their beautiful baby girl with me.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, Tara ... and what an excellent reminder!